Monday, January 18, 2010

Indie Folk

Although I can not give an absolute reason, the music style known as Indie Folk has definitely influenced me more than any other music style. Indie Folk has always been able to amaze me by all the different albums that bring their own unique sound, such as Beirut picking up a new sound by traveling to Paris and picking up a Balkan music influence (Beirut Interview). The unique sounds are mainly because of the wide array of instruments these bands use. I think this is one of the main reasons I love it so much, even this sub-genre has so many different sounds. I first started listing to artist such as Elliot Smith and Beirut, then friends would recommend other bands or I would start a Pandora station of a certain band and see all the different kinds of bands that would come up. This music is apart of my everyday life. Either when I just want to relax or when I am trying to get some homework done, I am always listening. It is able to allow me to reflect on my everyday life and I could not get through a single day without it. I would not have it any other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment